A four-seater Buggy is a complimentary inclusion for your personal use only. This excludes Whitsunday Apartments.
The buggy is for your personal use only and is owned privately by your apartment’s owners subject to the following conditions. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure the buggy is kept charged and the rules and regulations are adhered to.
Hamilton Island rules and regulations of buggy are:
- Authorized drivers must be a minimum age of 18 years and hold a current provisional driver’s license or above to drive the vehicle.
- Only listed drivers who have provided their licence information are permitted to operate the buggy.
- Both Island Security and QLD Police actively enforce the road rules on Hamilton Island.
- All occupants of the buggy must be wearing their individual seatbelts at all times.
- Hamilton Island does not permit any vehicles to be driven between 1:00 am and 5:30 am.
- Your Buggy is licensed to carry NO more than 4 persons.
- Any cost incurred as a result of damages to the Buggy, persons or property is the responsibility of the guest once it is moved from its designated accommodation parking location.
- Any accidents must be reported immediately to your Valet and to Hamilton Island Security any accidents resulting in any injuries must be reported to Queensland Police. An incident report must also be sent to our office.
- Children are not permitted to DRIVE, STEER or SIT on the Driver’s lap.
- Children are not permitted to TOUCH, STAND ON or PLAY WITH operating peddles.
- Drivers are not permitted to consume alcohol while driving a Buggy.
- Mobile phones are not to be used while driving.
- Buggies must never be operated in neutral gear.
- Failure to abide by the rules or any complaints lodged with island security may result in Immediate confiscation of the Buggy and the matter reported to the Queensland Police.
The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads has set out the following conditions for use for all buggies operating on Hamilton Island:
- A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in a rearward-facing infant restraint, located in the front seat and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- A passenger at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an approved forward-facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
- A passenger at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an approved forward-facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
- All passengers in your vehicle must always wear a seatbelt or child restraint when driving.
- It is illegal to hold a mobile phone in your hand while driving. (You can be fined $1,078 and have 4 demerit points recorded against your traffic history.)
If you have taken out Buggy Protection you will then be covered for accidental damage with a zero excess. Acceptance of the Buggy Protection removes financial liability for accidental or non-negligent related damages to all registered drivers (conditions apply). The Buggy Protection DOES NOT apply to damage caused by the driver to third-party property or third-party injury. Buggy Protection will be deemed void if the driver is found to have been in breach of the Hamilton Island rules and regulations, and Queensland Road rules or have been considered to have acted in a negligent manner.
In the case of an incident resulting in damage, if the Buggy Protection is deemed void the registered driver will be held liable for the full cost of repairs to the buggy. All incidents and or accidents are to be reported using the phone numbers provided. Failure to report an incident/accident will result in the damage waiver being void.
- If you fail to charge the Buggy overnight and you break down as a result, a towing fee will apply.
- You will not be provided with a replacement Buggy whilst your Buggy is recharging.
- Your Buggy will need a FULL 8-hour charge before you can use it again.
- When you make a booking, we send out a confirmation which includes our Terms & Conditions for Buggy Protection for your perusal.
If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out and contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your Terms & Conditions?
How do I get the best and lowest price?
- Your are guaranteed the best and lowest price when you book direct.
Tell me about the Valet Service
- On arrival you will be met at the Hamilton Island Airport or Ferry Terminal by your Valet Service and taken to your apartment.
- This is where you will be given your keys and complimentary private golf buggy.
- If there is any change in your arrival time prior to your arrival date, please contact us on 1300 679 559 or email email@example.com
- Short notices of new arrival times may receive transfer delays as schedules are pre-arranged the night prior to your arrival.